Mission, Vision and Responsibilities of the LAC
LICENSING ADVISORY COMMITTEE MISSION
“The mission of the LAC is to advise and consult with the Department in support of improving the health, safety, and quality of licensed child care facilities and agencies that serve Colorado’s children.”
LICENSING ADVISORY COMMITTEE PURPOSE
“The purpose of the LAC is to develop proactive communication related to providing to the Department concerns, input, ideas, suggestions, etc. to enhance, improve, modify, and adapt licensing procedures, policies, rules, and statute. Also, to receive proactively from the Department for review, update and changes to licensing rules, policies, and procedures.”
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE LICENSING ADVISORY COMMITTEE
- By statute, a quorum must be present for any recommendations to be made by the committee (26-6-109, Part 1(d)).
- Child care providers should communicate their input to the committee member representing the provider’s facility type.
- The committee member will present the provider input to the whole committee during an agenda item designated for this purpose.
- Receipt of the input will be recorded in the minutes.
- The LAC member presenting the provider input will provide additional information, as needed, to educate the remaining committee members.
- Committee members will discuss the provider input and reach a consensus advisement.
- Dissenting members will have the opportunity to present additional information related to their opposition to the consensus.