Statistics and Reports
Child Care Licensing
The Division of Child Care licenses or certifies nearly 9,000 child care facilities in Colorado. These facilities include:
- Family Child Care Homes 4,300
- Child Care Centers
- (includes Preschools) 2,001
- School-age Facilities 883
- child placement agencies and
- residential facilities.
The total licensed capacities of these facilities is approximately 220,000 children.
Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP):
Total number of low-income children receiving child care assistance 48,084
- Number of families receiving child care assistance 26,342