CCAR and Encounter
The Colorado Client Assessment Record (CCAR) was developed over 25 years ago, and is used in Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Wyoming, and Canada. As a result of its extensive use over time, it is a well-tested instrument, with high inter-rater reliability.
In Colorado, the CCAR has been required on all Admissions and Discharges to the Colorado Public Mental Health System since 1978.
Data collected in the CCAR are used to meet federal reporting requirements associated with the mental health block grant and the Uniform Reporting System (URS), and are used by state agencies in their reporting to the Colorado legislature.
Because CCAR and service encounter data have been collected since 1978 and 1995, respectively, it is possible to examine service and outcome trends over time.
In summary, CCAR is a well-established and well-researched tool, which lends itself well to exploring and understanding the ability of Colorado’s public mental health system to meet the needs of Colorado’s indigent and Medicaid populations.
- Protocol #5 Capacity Model Billing, August 7, 2015
- Signed Letter re: Changes to Protocols and Special Studies Codes , February 28, 2014
- Protocol #1 Amendment #4 Special Studies Codes on Encounters , February 28, 2014
- Protocol #2 Amendment #1 Eligibility for OBH Clients, February 28, 2014
- Mental Health Special Studies Codes FY14/15, February 28, 2014
- Substance Use Disorder Special Studies Codes FY14/15, Updated October 29, 2014
- Change Matrix for Special Studies Codes from FY13/14 to FY14/15, February 28, 2014
- MH and SU Filenaming, July 14, 2015
- CCAR Manual Version 2014.1, Updated October 28, 2014
- CCAR Form Version 2014.2, April 23, 2014
- Protocol #4 Bill Payment Procedures, January 1, 2014
- HCPF 2013 Uniform Service Coding Manual Standards, December 3, 2013
- Protocol #2 Eligiblity for OBH Clients, November 1, 2013
- Encounter Protocol #1 Amendment 3, July 17, 2013
- Protocol #3 Billing Adjustments for OBH Clients, June 10, 2013
- CCAR Streamlining Policy, July 1, 2011
- New User Statement of Compliance Form
- New User Contact Information