Common Questions

Related Information

Question: I am a contractor performing only lump-sum contracts, should I obtain a sales tax license and collect sales tax from my customers?
No, contractors performing only lump-sum contract jobs on real property will not be issued a sales tax license. You must pay all applicable sales and use taxes on purchases of building supplies, construction materials and all other tangible personal property used in the performance of your services.

For Further Information:

FYI Sales 6

Back to Common Questions

Back to Taxation Web site