Related Information

Question: How do I renew/correct a Sales Tax License?

The license renewal form (DR 0595) is located in the sales tax coupon booklet. Please allow six weeks to process your renewal form and payment before contacting us. If you are an annual or seasonal filer, a renewal form will be mailed to the address we have on file.

If you do not have a coupon booklet or do not receive a renewal form, print the “Renewal Application for Sales Tax License” (DR 0594) from our 
Sales and Use Tax Forms Web page. Include your Colorado Account Number (sales tax license number) on the renewal form.

EFT filers:
If your business has only one location, you do not need to file a paper renewal form. You can simply pay the $16 renewal fee through the Colorado Department of Revenue Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) program and you will receive your new license. If there is more than one location on a sales tax account, you may pay for the license renewal by EFT but you must also send in the renewal form.

License Correction

If you have incorrect information on your Sales Tax License, you can download the  "Address Change or Closure" (DR 1102) form. Complete the form and submit it to us with the changes.

Colorado Department of Revenue
1375 Sherman St.
Denver, CO 80261


You can notify the department of errors by calling (303) 238-SERV (7378).
However, if your business ownership status changes (for example: from a partnership to an individual ownership) the business must obtain a new account number. We will close the old number and open a new one. You will need to submit a completed "Colorado Sales Tax/Wage Withholding Account Application" (CR 0100) form and any applicable fees to request this change.

If you relocated to a new address in a different city and/or county, the sales tax rates are likely to be different from your previous location and there may be other types of taxes at the new location (for example, RTD, local taxes, etc.) You would need to file two sales tax returns - one for the previous location and one for the new location. For example, if you file a monthly return and on the 15th moved from El Paso County to Douglas County, you would need to file one return for sales tax activity that occurred while still in El Paso County and a second return for sales tax activity in Douglas County.

For Further Information:

FYI Sales 9
DR 0595
DR 0594
CR 0100

Back to Common Questions

Back to Taxation Web site