Related Information

Question: How do I amend my income tax return?
If you filed your Colorado income tax return on paper or electronically, you must use an amended return to change or correct the filing. Filing a corrected original return will not correct your return and may cause serious problems on your income tax account.

You may use a paper form to amend your return or you can file a 2009 or later amended return electronically using our Revenue Online service. You may amend online even if you filed the original return on paper. The return can be filed any time after you have filed your original return, but no later than the statute of limitations expires, which is usually four years from the due date of the original return.

New requirements for Amended Returns:

The Colorado Department of Revenue now requires that any amended income tax return filed must also have attached to the return any schedule or documentation that pertains to that particular return. Attachments may be uploaded into Revenue Online click the E-Filer Attachment button. This includes attaching the 104PN and 104CR credit schedule to amended returns and documentation for income tax credit or subtraction.

Back to Common Questions

Back to Taxation Web site