Related Information

Question: How do I notify the Department of Revenue when I close or change a business?
When a business closes you can ensure the business closes in good standing with the Colorado Department of Revenue. Any taxes the business is expected to remit must be paid or returns with "zero" tax due must be filed. The Department of Revenue must be notified on the final return that the business is closing.
Businesses can close the account through Revenue Online. Log into your business account and follow the prompts.


Businesses can also file the Account Change or Closure Form DR 1102 to close the account. Send the request to:

Colorado Department of Revenue
Registration Control

1375 Sherman St., Room B-132
Denver, CO. 80261

When a business closes or when one of the business's multiple locations closes, the business must immediately notify the department of the closure to avoid receiving nonfiler notices. Include the effective date of closure (which is the last day of business). The department will then close the business registration account number for that location.

For Further Information:
FYI Sales 74
DR 1102

Back to Common Questions

Back to Taxation Web site