Related Information

Question: Should I send a copy of 1099s received with my income tax return?
In most cases, 1099s do not indicate Colorado tax was withheld. If the 1099 statements you receive do not indicate Colorado income tax withheld, do not attach them to your annual Colorado income tax return. There is no need to send those documents to the Department of Revenue.

If you file electronically and have 1099 statements that indicate Colorado income tax was withheld, enter the information on your electronically filed return. You should not send the 1099(s) to the Colorado Department of Revenue but should keep them in your records. You may be asked for the documentation later. If you file on paper, you must attach any 1099 statement that indicates Colorado tax withheld to your Colorado income tax return.

For Further Information:
FYI Income 2

Back to Common Questions

Back to Taxation Web site