Related Information

Question: Do I qualify to use Direct Deposit for my income tax refund?
Direct Deposit is available to individuals who file a Individual Income Tax return (104). Those filing a Property Tax Rent/Heat Rebate application (PTC) or an amended return (104X) may also use Direct Deposit. You must have an account established with a financial institution so that you may provide the state with a routing number, type of account and account number on your return.

The state can deposit your refund directly into a savings or checking account, mutual fund, brokerage firm, or credit union as long as the designated financial institution is within the United States.

You may use Direct Deposit whether you file electronically or on paper.

The Department of Revenue advises that you use caution when designating your Direct Deposit into an account other than your own.

You can now monitor your account through our Revenue Online service. After you sign up you can view filed returns, verify payments made on your account, make payments, file protests and see if your direct deposit has been made. Click on Revenue Online if you already have an account under "Log in for Complete Access" enter your Login ID and Password to access your account. If you do not have an account through Revenue Online under "Sign up for Revenue Online" click on "Sign Up" complete each step then click on the Submit button to set up an account.

Back to Common Questions

Back to Taxation Web site