Related Information

Question: What do I do if the 1099-G I received is incorrect?
First, verify the refund amount on the 1099-G is indeed wrong. The amount is not necessarily the same as last year’s refund check. The amount of your refund check is adjusted by:

  • adding amounts donated to charitable contributions on Form 104
  • adding amounts intercepted as payment for back taxes or debts to other state agencies
  • adding amounts applied to next year’s estimated taxes.

If the refund amount is truly incorrect, call (303) 238-SERV (7378) with the information to request a corrected 1099-G.

For Further Information:
FYI Income 2

Back to Common Questions

Back to Taxation Web site