Related Information

Question: Do I need to send any additional information if I am filing for the Property Tax/Rent/Heat Rebate for the first time?
The Department of Revenue will use information supplied by the Social Security Administration, Colorado Department of Human Services, and the Colorado Motor Vehicle Division to verify disability, age and residency status.

However, if we have a problem verifying information we may send a request for backup documentation. If you receive a request for additional information, you should:

  • send a copy of a TPQY Third Party Query from Social Security or a copy of your Payroll History from the Dept of Human Services to prove disability.
  • send a copy of your lease agreement, rent receipts or monthly utility bills to prove full-year Colorado residency.

Back to Common Questions

Back to Taxation Web site