Related Information

Question: What can I do if my income tax refund is intercepted due to a spouse's debt?
If the refund is requested on a joint return, the injured spouse (the one not in debt) may request his/her share of the refund. The portion is determined by dividing the injured spouse's gross income by the joint gross income and multiplying the resulting percentage by the tax refund. For details, see Injured Spouse Claim.

Back to Common Questions

Back to Taxation Web site