Related Information

Question: Can vehicle registration fees be claimed on Colorado income tax returns?
The amount shown in the ownership tax ("OWN. TAX") section of your vehicle registration receipt can be claimed as an itemized deduction on your federal income tax return.

This is NOT claimed on your Colorado income tax return because the figure has already been taken out of your federal taxable income when you start to complete your Colorado return.

Back to Common Questions

Back to Taxation Web site