Related Information

Question: How do I determine my filing status for Colorado income tax purposes?
Your Colorado income tax filing status will always be the same as your federal filing status.

A resident taxpayer and nonresident or part-year resident spouse must file a joint Colorado income tax return if they file a joint federal income tax return. The entire amount of federal taxable income will be reported to Colorado on the income tax return, including the income earned by the part-year or nonresident during the year. They will complete the 104PN part-year/nonresident schedule to determine amount of tax that will be due on the income earned in Colorado or while they were Colorado residents.

For Further Information:

FYI Income 13 

Back to Common Questions

Back to Taxation Web site