Related Information

Question: Does Colorado have a W-4 form?
Colorado does not have an equivalent state form to the federal W-4. This is because the state income tax is based on the taxpayer's federal taxable income. An employer should use the information from the federal W-4 form to calculate the state wage withholding amounts.

Occasionally an employee will have a unique tax situation that requires different W-4 information to be used to accurately determine the amount of Colorado withholding. In this case, the employee may give the employer a separate W-4 form with "Colorado Copy" written on top for use in computing the state withholding.

Back to Common Questions

Back to Taxation Web site