Related Information

Question: Does the Colorado Department of Revenue handle "Unclaimed Property?"
Unclaimed Property is handled by the Colorado State Treasurer, not the Colorado Department of Revenue.

Unclaimed Property includes the following items:

- bank accounts
- oil and gas royalties
- payroll wages
- utility deposits
- safe deposit boxes
- mutual funds
- dividends
- stocks and bonds
- uncashed insurance checks
- money orders
- security deposits

Money or property turned over to the State Treasury for safekeeping always belongs to the owner or heir of the account and there are no time limits for filing your claim.

To see if you or someone you know may have money or property being held by the Great Colorado Payback click the link or contact them by phone at (303) 866-6070.

Back to Common Questions

Back to Taxation Web site